How to Hide the Marijuana Smell in 27 Easy Steps
While medical and recreational marijuana use is now legal in the majority of states, there are still many situations in which a user of cannabis might wish to mask the lingering odor of a recent session.
Terpenes in marijuana plants are responsible for the distinctive aromas of different cannabis strains. There is no object that this potent odor can't permeate. Users of recreational marijuana may want to cover up the odor if they have unexpected guests, or if their parents, neighbors, or landlords disapprove of their habit.
If you need to hide the allure of marijuana smoke, here are some quick tricks for doing so before, during, and after use. If you need to smoke marijuana discreetly, try one or more of these methods and see what works best for masking the odor of your favorite sticky strain.
Cover Up Your Marijuana Scent Before, During, and After Smoking
If you're in a bind and need to cover up the odor of your smoke break, try the following solutions.
- How Effective Is Incense at Neutralizing Marijuana Odors? Weed has a strong odor, so if you don't want to draw too much attention to the fact that you're trying to mask it, you should probably stick with a natural fragrance. To mask the odor of marijuana, light some incense before lighting up. Bonus: if there is still lingering cannabis smoke in the air, the incense smoke may mask it.
- Does Anyone Know of Any Candles That Neutralize Marijuana Odors? Scented candles will be less messy than incense while still producing a pleasant aroma to mask the smell of marijuana.
- You can eliminate the odor of marijuana by using essential oils. Commonly used to mask the cannabis aroma, patchouli oil is neither extremely potent nor overpowering. Peppermint, lavender, and lemongrass are a few other excellent alternatives.
- Which Air Freshener Is Most Effective Against Marijuana Odors? Spray air fresheners can help mask the odor whenever it occurs, while plug-in air fresheners release a pleasant aroma continuously. You probably already have odor removers like Febreeze lying around the house. If you want to get rid of the weed smell in your home, try both types of air freshener and see which one works better.
- Weed Odors: Does Lysol Neutralize Them? Since marijuana smoke can adhere to any surface, using Lysol or another disinfectant to remove the odor is a good idea.
- Is the Smell of Marijuana Eliminated by Cleaning the Carpet? Those lingering smells in the carpet will be gone, yes. If you'd rather permanently eliminate the odor of marijuana from your home than just mask it, a carpet shampoo can help.
- To Mask the Odor of Marijuana, Use Ozium Spray Get a smoke remover if you want to get rid of the odor of marijuana. Ozium is convenient for trips due to its versatile size options.
- Make a potent-smelling meal: Foods with pungent aromas, such as those containing garlic, spices, or onions, can be used to cover up the odor of smoking weed. Throwing a bag of microwave popcorn in the microwave for a little too long will do the trick if you don't have time to cook. Remember that burnt popcorn smell can linger for days.
- Try to Cover Up That Pot Smell in the Bathroom Start the shower, let the water get hot enough to generate steam, and then activate the exhaust fan. Doing so will aid in the dissipation of weed smoke. This is also a useful technique for when you find yourself in a hotel that strictly prohibits smoking.
- Turn on Fans and Crack the Windows Lifted rooms can benefit from the use of portable fans by pointing them out the window. This can be done with either a standing fan or a box fan.
- To cover the smell of marijuana, boil some vinegar. When you want to get rid of the marijuana odor in a room, just pour some into a shallow dish and let it evaporate in a well-ventilated area.
- Take it Outside Right Away Take out the trash, empty the bong, and clean up the ashtrays. The smell of marijuana can be diminished by disposing of the plant.
- Craft Your Own Sploof at Home Smoke from a sploof is filtered through common household items. You can whip one up quickly with a dryer sheet, a rubber band, and a washcloth, paper towel, or toilet paper.
- Maintain a High Standard of Hygiene Keep in mind that the lingering smell of marijuana on your breath is a side effect of smoking the drug. To mask the smell of cannabis, try using minty mouthwash, breath strips, or brushing your teeth right after smoking. Also, if you have the time, you should take a shower because weed smoke can be absorbed through the skin and hair.
- Does Covering Up the Weed Smell with Body Spray If you don't have time to change your clothes, spray yourself with a small amount of perfume, cologne, or body spray. Weed's pungent odor can permeate clothing, but a pleasant-smelling perfume can cover it up.
- Storage of Marijuana to Eliminate Odor A good option for hiding the odor of marijuana is an airtight container that keeps out air and moisture. Marijuana should be stored in airtight containers that prevent odors, such as vacuum-sealed bags, Ziploc bags, mason jars, or Rubbermaid containers.
- Does Marijuana Permeate From Vape Pens? Vaping cannabis oil or dry herbs produces much less smoke than smoking, and the odor is much more bearable.
- Can You Tell If Edibles Have A Marijuana Odor? You can make your own edibles by mixing some marijuana with butter, or you can buy them already made at a dispensary. There is no pungent odor associated with edible marijuana products because they do not produce smoke.
- Try some marijuana from the Indica family. A common type of marijuana called Indica has a more pleasant aroma. Since indica strains produce fewer buds, their smoke typically has a milder aroma. Cannabis strains like Granddaddy Purple, Northern Lights, and Rockstar are all examples of indica.
- Can You Get a Stinky Weed Odor From a Pipe? The amount of smoke expelled from a marijuana joint or bong is much higher than that from a pipe.
- Is the Odor of Weed Vaporized the Same as That of Smoked Weed? The most pungent odors of weed are vaporized by this device, making it possible to mask the odor of weed immediately upon use.
- Is There No Way to Detect a One-Hit Wonder This cigarette substitute is reusable and can be used to smoke cannabis that doesn't have as strong of a odor as traditional smoking methods.
- Can the Odor of Marijuana Be Eliminated by Using a Carbon Filter? Using a carbon filter while growing marijuana indoors is one way to reduce the odor.
- Can Weed Smell Be Eliminated by Using an Air Purifier? Purchase a high-quality air filter or purifier for your house. Any trace of marijuana smoke in your house can be completely removed with the help of an air purification system.
- Do Cannabis Odor-Absorbing Gels Actually Work? Spread these out in the smoking area of the room. They should help eliminate marijuana smoke and mask any lingering odor.
- Put out the fire with a smoke-removing device. Numerous retailers offer solutions for dealing with or avoiding the telltale signs of marijuana use, including products designed to neutralize or prevent the lingering smell of smoke.
- Smoking is only allowed in the open air. Not smoking marijuana at home is the simplest way to keep the weed aroma out of your living space. Despite the fact that marijuana use is legal in many states, laws prohibit smoking in public places and outside of private residences even in states where it is legal.
This is by no means an all-inclusive list, but it should give you a good idea of where to begin when trying to mask the odor of your cooking Remember these guidelines the next time you want to light up in secret. Do you have any idea how to get rid of the odor of marijuana? If you have any tried-and-true home remedies, please share them with us below.
What to Do with Your Trousers in Three Different Ways 01:48, Friday 03/02/2023
If you're taking a trip and want to avoid ironing your pants, there is a trick to packing them so that they stay wrinkle-free: fold them along the seams.
Guide to Visiting Tulum 06:33, Thursday 02/02/2023
Tulum is a bohemian utopia full of beautifully crafted hotels, spiritual centers, and eateries that nail both atmosphere and fare. All these wonderful things have come to Tulum, of course, because of the city's awe-inspiring Mayan ruins, which look out over the clear waters of the turquoise
Tips for Storing Your Cap 06:30, Thursday 02/02/2023
You may be thinking, "Okay, I found the perfect hat for my vacation, but how do I pack it in my suitcase?" Packing is truly an art, especially for those habitual overpackers.
Listed below are THE MOST Economical Methods of Touring Europe. 06:28, Thursday 02/02/2023
As a heads up, this post could contain affiliate links, which would allow us to earn a small commission if you decide to make a purchase after clicking on the link. In addition, I gain commissions on sales as an Amazon Associate. To learn more, please review our Disclosure and Privacy Statement.