Guidance for Hawaii's Safe Travel Program
WARNING: The Safe Travel Restrictions for Hawaii were lifted on March 25, 22. There are no longer any restrictions on domestic travelers visiting Hawaii due to concerns over the spread of covid19, and the Safe Travels application form is no longer necessary. However, those going abroad must adhere to the CDC's recommendations.
Despite reopening to the majority of tourists after a lengthy closure, Hawaii has instituted stringent new regulations to ensure the continued security of the islands and their inhabitants. U.S. citizens can visit Hawaii without a passport because the state is part of the United States. However, a Travel and Health form, also known as a "Safe Travels" form, must be submitted by every visitor and returning resident.
Hawaii Travel Safety Form
There are three parts to the Safe Travels:
- Hawaii Travel Safety Form
- Data on COVID-19
- Assessment of Health
Important: the Safe Travels app does not support Internet Explorer. We suggest using Chrome, Safari, or Firefox.
Learn the Ins and Outs of Creating a Hawaii Travel Safety QR Code for Atlys
Current methods require more than 60 minutes to complete. We advise using Atlys if you value your time and sanity.
Safe Travels in Hawaii Application
Sign up for the Hawaii Safe Travels website first. Applying is easy! Just follow these simple steps!
To access the travel and health forms, users must first log in with their email addresses, after which they will be directed to a page that requests demographic information about themselves. To help you get through the Hawaii airport faster, the form requires and verifies your phone number.
On the second page, the traveler must provide their mailing address.
Tourists who are bringing along children under the age of 18 should disregard the third paragraph. In that case, please include the minor's information as well as a new section for each family member to whom this rule applies.
After carefully reviewing your application materials, please submit them.
Submitting the preceding form will lead you to a new screen where you can enter your trip information like flight number, hotel, and departure/arrival times. Mark the box next to each child's name if they are coming along for the trip. For those staying in an Airbnb, put down the address of the Airbnb and host details for contact information
Information on Covid-19 Structures
There is good news, though: you can avoid the mandatory 10-day quarantine regardless of whether or not you've been vaccinated. The COVID-19 RT-PCR test is the only way to prove exemption eligibility.
Instructions for Requesting a COVID-19 Vaccine-Related Waiver of Quarantine
- As of July 8, visitors who have received all necessary vaccinations can enter Hawaii without undergoing a mandatory quarantine.
- In order to be considered for travel, you must wait at least 15 days after your last vaccination dose before eligibility can be determined.
- The CDC Card or a printout from VAMS must be uploaded as a high-quality PDF or image file.
- At the airport, passengers will be asked to present either a VAMS printout or a CDC Covid-19 vaccination card.
Instructions for Performing the COVID-19 RT-PCR Test to Request Removal from Quarantine
- Getting a Quarantine exemption requires a COVID test if you are not fully vaccinated.
- Only COVID-19 tests performed by Hawaii's Official Testing Providers and Official Travel Health Clinics will be accepted. No other examinations will be accepted.
- Be sure your COVID-19 test is a nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT) or polymerase chain reaction (PCR). Incompatible with acceptance are antigen (AG) and antibody tests.
- Please attach a high-quality PDF file created with Adobe Acrobat that contains the following details:
- The name entered into Safe Travels must match the first and last name on the exam.
- The name of a reputable testing facility in Hawaii that also serves as a travel resource for the state.
- Timing of sample collection Three days prior to the final flight's departure is the earliest that a collection can be made.
- Outcome of the Test
- Assessment Method Used
- It's crucial to choose the right testing service and exam format. Don't cheat by posting screenshots or photos from your phone, computer, or other electronic device during the exam; they will be disqualified.
- Labs check the results of the tests. Anyone caught turning in a fake exam will face legal consequences.
- Having uploaded your negative Covid-19 test result, you should bring a printed copy of the result with you to Hawaii.
- The system was unable to perform a preliminary review of your document, so a "Not approved" status indicates failure. When you present it at the airport, it will be checked once more.
- You need to take the exam 3 days before your final flight out of the country to Hawaii leaves.
Let's work through an example if that last sentence caused any confusion:
- On Sunday at 1:00 pm PT, there is a flight from New York City to the Bay Area.
- Leave San Francisco for Hawaii on Sunday night at 10 p.m.
No later than Thursday of that week is when the test can be taken. Hawaii uses days rather than hours. The test is available Thursday at your convenience.
Please submit your paperwork through the Safe Travels website.
There are a few possible states:
- When all conditions are met, including the matching of the traveler's name and/or date of birth, a Verified result status is set. Negative result from a pre-arrival screening and a screening date no more than three (3) days before scheduled arrival in Hawaii
- When the account holder's name and date of birth do not match those on the test result, the application will not be approved.
- When a traveler's identity (Name OR Date of Birth) is matched, but the test result is not read by the system, the result is considered "Not Approved- Not a negative test result."
- Traveler identity (Name OR Date of Birth) matches, but the test result is POSITIVE Urgent Review
- The uploaded test result was not obtained from a Validated Testing and Travel Provider, so it was rejected. (Invalid Document/Uploaded Document Selected as "Other" Provider) The uploaded file could not be properly categorized into a predefined provider type in the system.
- When a traveler's name and/or date of birth are matched, but an ANTIGEN test comes back negative, the passenger's application is denied.
- Refused - Test Date Not Within 72-Hour Window: When a traveler's identity (name OR date of birth) is matched, but the test date is more than three days before the planned arrival in Hawaii.
- When a traveler's identity (Name OR Date of Birth) is matched, but the Date of the Test is either not present in the document or is not extracted, the approval is denied with the reason "Date of Test Error."
- If your upload status says "Not approved," it means the system was unable to perform a preliminary review of your file. Bring it with you to the airport for another check.
The Health Inquiry
Complete the health questionnaire twenty-four (24) hours before your flight.
Actions to Be Taken Upon the Arrival of Covid-19
Arriving transoceanic passengers may be required to take a COVID-19 test administered by the County. Post-arrival testing can be skipped if travelers have a hard copy of their CDC COVID-19 vaccination card showing they have received the full vaccination series. Until two (2) weeks have passed since your last COVID-19 shot, you are not considered fully vaccinated.
Visitors from outside of Hawaii who are arriving on Oahu are exempt from creating a Safe Travels profile or taking a COVID-19 test before their trip.
A trans-Pacific traveler who is required to observe the 10-day traveler quarantine may not enter another country during that time.
A Hawaii Travel Safety QR Code
If everything goes according to plan, the QR code will look like this: Please keep it on your phone and bring a printed copy to the COVID-19 exam with you.
Find the location where your airline is handing out PRE-CLEAR wristbands before your final flight leg into Hawaii. (At the moment, Alaska Airlines, Hawaiian Airlines, Southwest Airlines, and United Airlines are taking part. When you arrive in Hawaii with a Pre-Clear wristband, you can skip the QR Code screening line and go straight through, saving time because you've already been screened at the mainland airport.
Discover Your Ideal Travel Agent near Richmond, VA on Thumbtack 2023-05-10 00:07:01
Introduction:If you are planning your dream vacation, you may be considering whether or not to hire a travel agent. With so many travel options available, it can be overwhelming to plan a trip on your own. Hiring a travel agent can take the stress out of planning and ensure that your vacation goes
Planning a Hawaii Trip? Here's Everything You Need to Know About the Hawaii Covid Travel QR Code 2023-05-09 00:15:55
Introduction: In light of the ongoing pandemic and the need to ensure safe travel, the CDC and the state of Hawaii have recently announced significant changes to travel requirements for both international and domestic travelers. As of June 2022, travelers no longer need to present a negative COVID-19 test or documentation of recovery from COVID-19 before arriving in the US. Additionally, the Hawaii Travel Health Form is no longer required for entry to Hawaii. In this article, we will discuss these changes in detail and their impact on travelers. Changes to Travel Requirements: Effective June 2022, the CDC no longer requires travelers to present a negative COVID-19 test or documentation of recovery from COVID-19 pre-arrival to the US. This policy applies to both international and domestic travelers. Furthermore, the Hawaii Travel Health Form is no longer required for entry to the state of Hawaii. Previously, these measures were put in place to ensure the safety of travelers and residents during the pandemic. Impact on Travelers: The elimination of these requirements has a significant impact on travel to the US and Hawaii. Travelers no longer need to spend time or resources on obtaining a negative COVID-19 test result or documentation of recovery from COVID-19 before arriving in the US. Additionally, the Hawaii Travel Health Form is no longer required, making the entry process to Hawaii more streamlined and efficient. These changes should make it easier and more convenient for travelers to visit the US and Hawaii at a time when travel and tourism have been significantly impacted by the pandemic. Conclusion: As the pandemic situation continues to evolve, travel requirements are subject to change, and travelers should stay updated on all the latest news and guidelines. However, the recent changes to travel requirements for the US and Hawaii are undoubtedly a positive development for travelers and the travel industry as a whole. We hope this article has helped travelers gain a better understanding of these changes and their impact on future travel plans.
This is how Santa can make his worldwide gift delivery in a single night. 2023-01-07 02:06:33
Despite the fact that flying to see Santa Claus (and maybe some reindeer) has become a Concorde-based Finnish tradition, his [ ] Christmas Eve night flight requires intensive planning and execution. Based on our Santa-scientific knowledge, this is how he flies The image is by Eric
Dover Thrift Editions' Gulliver's Travels 2023-01-07 00:06:19
Prose satirist Jonathan Swift (1667-1745), widely regarded as the best in English, wrote to Alexander Pope that he wrote this masterpiece to "vex the world rather than divert it."